Ronie_iz_BaD Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World

5 posters

Go down

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Empty 10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World

Post by Katiatou Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:37 am

sometimes it suprises me
sometimes i don't understand art
sometimes i don't understand people who only spend their money without doing anything creative
BUT let's see : 10 most expansive painting in the world. what do you think about it ?

1. JACKSON POLLOCK

"Number 5, 1948", 1948
$140 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Jackson%20Pollock%20Number%205,%201948

2. WILLEM DE KOONING
"Woman III", 1952-53
$137.5 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Woman+III_willem-de-kooning

3. GUSTAV KLIMT
"Adele Bloch-bauer I", 1907
$135 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World GUSTAV+KLIMT+Adele+Bloch-bauer+I

4. PABLO PICASSO
"Garçon a la pipe", 1904
$104.1 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World PABLO+PICASSO+Gar%C3%A7on+a+la+pipe

5. ANDY WARHOL
"Eight Elvises", 1963
$100 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World 4809SR4

6. PABLO PICASSO
"Dora Maar au chat", 1941
$95.2 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World 1936-1944+Dora_Maar_Au_Chat

7. TITIAN

"Diana and Actaeon", 1556-1559
$91 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Diana-actaeon-titian

8. GUSTAV KLIMT
"Adele Bloch-bauer II ", 1912
$87.9 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Adele_bloch-bauer_ii_1912small

9. FRANCIS BACON
"Tryptich 1976"
$86.3 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Bacontriptych

10. VINCENT VAN GOGH
"Portrait of Doctor Gachet", 1890
$82.5 million

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Van_gogh_gachet
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Empty Re: 10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World

Post by Paris Hilton Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:47 am

WoW, please give me 500 years and I just come back to make a comment on these paintings, which are considered as a work of art.
Paris Hilton
Paris Hilton
Senior memberz
Senior memberz

Back to top Go down

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Empty Re: 10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:29 am

Are you sure, you have posted the correct paintings and the respective prices for them.
Which one do you like?
what do you see in the 9th painting and why is pablo picasso here ?
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.pokingeye.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiatou Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 pm

ok, let me check!
yes, everything is as it should be! and the prices, don't talk about them;) sometimes i just can't find the reference - Wink I like "garcons a la pipe" mais mon favori est "Adele Bloch-bauer I" de Klimt!

9th painting is - tryptich of FRANCIS BACON, bought by Roman Abramowicz, the owner of FC Chelsea. What do I see? Surrealisme, i need more time.
Pablo Picasso will be always in the top 10. I like the way he shows woman:)
Which is your favourite one? Smile
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 pm

First things first, i am not saying that you use any mispell in other sections but when you write in this particular section you must take care of such mistakes.

yes surrealism is something which is individual. your inner thoughts of your subconscious mind can only be understand by you. No matter how good I am as a thinker and you as an intrepreter or you can also use the word artist here.

if I tell you the truth, i see a man in a dust-bin, which has lots of garbage around. May be because the frame in which i see is too small to recognize each thing from the definitions already explained in my mind of particular objects.

Elvis presley is as handsome as always, is that a painting ?
May be they are a total of eight so he is sold at the rate of vegetables to make a sum of $100 Million as the cost.

Which painting can you define, being a viewer and a presenter here, as you have posted these.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiatou Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:21 pm

hi, (sorry my english ... - I would prefer to write in French!) I will answer you only partially, because in few minutes I have to leave. The
reason why this post appeared was yesterday's conversation with a friend, who said that he does not understand contemporary art, that it is
a mockery. Images above are from different periods - but also show how art is changing. Time changes, our feelings, art changes. That's what about I wanted to talk. Especially with people who may have more to say.
bye for now!
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 am

lol, when i said are their prices mentioned correct my intention was just to have fun, as now when they are sold only the buyer can tell you how beautiful are those, may be that's why he has bought them or now he has no other option than to defend his choice 10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Icon_biggrin
And well, its ok with the language as long as we are understanding each other.
I don't even like Mona lisa

I like 'the scream'
'the persistence of time'
other paintings by dali
and those which are free from society's rituals, their fashion trends and stupid beliefs

one of mine, i painted
and one that I will paint in a few weeks
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiatou Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 am

one question, maybe personal. What/who is artist for you? What does gives us the right to think that we are artists?? Why do you paint? for you only? For other people?

and another thing... language! not only the words, but our gestures, intentions! our culture, education, experiences. We will never understand each other COMPLETELY, totally, entirely! Wink
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 am

the person who acknowledges you with the presence of your own senses is artist.
everything has every right to be anything and think that he/she/it is something.
I paint for my expression, so that if it could just come alive and pop out into life from that canvas and see itself what i have done to him and thus make me believe that at least he is there to sympathize the limitations of my life.
well as far as understanding is concerned, its worth trying at least.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiatou Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:34 am

Hi again!
Thanks for the answer. Amazing, you answer me in a such a simple way, like if it was so clear, evident! Maybe it is. However, (....) <-- Yes, everyone feels in his/her very indyvidual way.
Art is everywhere.
Let’s create something what isn’t there yet. Let’s change other’s hearts, minds!
Only one thing is sad. People who have bought the paintings listed in this post...they
are not always interested in art. Then, “Eights Elvises” is a
screenprint, placed among these 10 most expansive paintings ;]

Last edited by Katiatou on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:58 am

I don't want to suggest anybody something like hippy revolution. Artist ain't a labour to make what ever is told to him. He will do what he wants to.
Yes, we all need a better world to live. and as far as commercial artists are concerned there are these movie artists for that, who can make you laugh, cry, fill with lust and whatever.

My answers are so evident and clear because my age is 25.and thank you for saying it, hehe 10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Icon_biggrin

I know the kind of music you like to listen, but for a majority of the world and artists: only chaos is indispensable.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiatou Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:12 am

I'm 25 too but i'm still searching ;] thanks! next time i have to write one thing about Freud because, i believe, it is associated with this conversation:)
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:33 am

Katiatou wrote:I'm 25 too but i'm still searching ;] thanks! next time i have to write one thing about Freud because, i believe, it is associated with this conversation:)

10 Most Expensive Paintings in the World Lol When I said I am 25 , I meant to say that I am on this way since I was 15.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiatou Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

ok, i think it's clear now Wink
and concerning the chaos in the human world, that's what i see on Bacon's Tryptich, i see Hitler, blood and mess (broadly conceived)
You say that chaos is indispensable. Freud said that bad experiences push us to make/do/create something. And despite everything, I'm still looking for a balance.
Have a nice day!
Katiatou
Katiatou
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I would like to buy the 4th painting- The handicaped man or autistic guy.
Do you have any contact information ?
popeye
popeye
Senior memberz
Senior memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by lol Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 am

popeye wrote:I would like to buy the 4th painting- The handicaped man or autistic guy.
Do you have any contact information ?

lol! If you lend me some money then I might buy some colours to make one painting like that for only 5$ lol!
lol
lol
Memberz
Memberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum